Hitech Music Production
w/ Frantic Noise
07 — 16 June 2021
15h of interactive lectures combined with practical assignments
Materials: Sound Libraries, Hitech Track Templates, Massive & Serum Presets
Teacher: Frantic Noise (Dark Prisma Records)
Welcome to our introductory online-course about Hitech Psytrance production with Ableton Live 10! This course will be hosted by renowned producer Frantic Noise and is designed to give you the building blocks you need to start your own production career, leaving you with a collection of material to work with afterwards.
The course will teach you
- — Sound Design and Music Theory
- — Rhythm Theory
- — Synthesis (Modular, Analog, Software/Hardware)
- — Audio Effects
- — Arrangement and Composition
- — Mixing and Mastering
- — The Requirements for Live Set-up
Who is the course for?
- — The course is open to students of all musical backgrounds.
- — You don’t need any prior experience or knowledge of music production.
- — You need to have an interest in electronic and underground music.
What materials will you get?
- — Sound Libraries
- — Hitech Track Templates
- — Massive & Serums presets
- — 1 track for remix
Ableton for Beginners ⎥ 3h
- Session v. Arrangement mode
- Automations & Modulation
- Sampling techniques
Music Theory ⎥ 3h
- Music Theory 1
- Rhythm Theory 1
- MIDI Effects Breakdown
- EDM Structural formula
Basic Synthesis ⎥ 3h
- Synthesizer components
- Basic sound and drum design with Operator
- Audio Effects Breakdown
- Warp Algorithms
Advanced Synthesis Level 2 ⎥ 3h
- FM, Phase, Granular, Wavetable, Modular
- Massive Instruments Reaktor
- Sony Soundforge
- Max for Live & Random Tools
Mixdown & Mastering ⎥ 3h
- Creative Proccess
- Mixdown techniques
- Mastering techniques
What you need
- — Laptop
- — Ableton 10 (download trial version)
- — Sound Card and headphones
- — No prior knowledge of production is required
Matías Benamo, aka Frantic Noise, is a world-renowned electronic music producer currently based in Costa Rica. Besides being the co-founder of legendary Argentinian label Dark Prisma Records, he is an experienced teacher of music production and has worked for highly regarded schools such as Patsav, Sonica Academy and Escuela MAE.
Frantic Noise can be considered one of the leading producers in "hitech" psychedelic music, creating unique multi-textured and highly-recognizable soundscapes that have been thrilling dance floors around the world for many years. Featuring a bewitching spectrum of noises, his spellbinding bass lines create a deep, textural sonic journey, playing with and disrupting the illusion of rhythm and time.
Since releasing his debut album back in 2006, Matías has been a passionate advocate of the underground electronic music scene and a leading ambassador, promoting the culture across the world. His dedication is evident in his commitment to pass on knowledge and inspire future generations, and he has been running his own workshops for the last 10 years across Latin America, Europe and India, as well as many individual classes.